Vintage Farms is located in Watkinsville, GA about 10 miles from Athens, GA, known for being the home of The University of Georgia and bands like REM, Widespread Panic, and The B-52’s. Athens Georgia is continually ranked as one of the “Best Places to Retire in America.” Factors influencing such rankings include a stellar health care system, affordable home pricing, vibrant cultural scene, eclectic shopping destinations, and culinary delights. At Vintage Farms, you can also expect a level of privacy, serenity and comfort that is unmatched. Take in the masterful mix of expansive wooded lots, pastoral views and a secluded atmosphere that makes it easy to forget the pace of modern life.The most recent ranking comes from Money.com’s “25 Best Places to Retire” article. According to CNN Money.com, Athens is noted for being the home of UGA where retirees ages 62 and older can audit UGA classes for free, great healthcare, live music, fine dining, and no sprawl or expensive housing, with the added bonus of a median home price under $150,000.
Some of the other publications ranking Athens in the Best Places to Retire Category include Kiplinger, Yahoo, 24/7 Wallstreet, and Fortune Magazine.
Athens has also found itself at the top of other national rankings when it comes to being a great place to live, work and play. Some of the categories include “Top Arts Destinations”, “Best Local Music Scenes in the U.S.”, “Top Ten Towns For Life After Graduation”, “Southern Retirement Hotspots”, ” Best Boomer Towns”,”Best Places To Thrive”, and of course, “Best Sports Towns.”
Other things about Athens you probably didn’t know:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (about 80 miles from Athens) is the world’s busiest passenger airport, with 678 nonstop international flights leaving weekly.
- Population: 116,000
- Average daily temperature: 62 degrees
- Highlights: Free college classes, lively music scene, fine dining, exceptional college sports teams
- Home of James Beard Award winning chef, Hugh Acheson, and two of his restaurants, Five & Ten and The National.
- Home to northeast Georgia’s premier award winning convention center and performing arts theatre, The Classic Center. The Classic Center hosts artists like John Prine, Willie Nelson, Gavin Degraw, Chieftans, and B-52’s, not to mention their famous Broadway Series.
More information about Athens, GA
Press Coverage, Rankings and Accolades about Athens GA
CNN Money: 25 Best Places to Retire (2010)
CNN Money – 25 Best Places to Retire (2012)
CNN Money – 25 Best Places to Retire (2005)
Kiplinger – Top Cities (2009)
Yahoo.com – Best Places to Live in Georgia (2012)
24/7 Wall Street – The 10 Best Cities for Millennials (2012)